Blue lobsters/crayfish

AmberC said:
Cool :D A friend of mine has a blue crayfish that she keeps with guppies and barbs. As long as the fish are faster they are fine lol Otherwise they are dinner. She named hers Aloishious. :)
she keeps the guppies and barbs together????????????????? :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:
yeesh
thats a bad bad idea
barbs are fast, fin nippers and guppies are slow with big bright tails (ideal for barbs to tear)
not a good combination at all
and besides
blue crayfish can easily catch a guppy if it comes to rest at night :unsure:
i used to care for one when i worked in a fish shop and people always put guppies in with him
he always caught them :blink:

In a fish shop it is slightly different as the tanks are quite usually bare with several in so would be wquite likey!!

where as in a tank situation the fish have alot more space to get away and hide as well as the crayfish have caes to hide in!!

My fish shop had them in there own tank though, looked like he had about 10 of them.

Paul, they both look like females ????
Males do not have them holes at ALL on them as they are the female organ.
Could you please take another pic of the one you think is male? i would like to take a closer look. But i think you got to females

yer i realise there both females, if you look at my 1 of my earlier posts i say that the male just had a sex change!!!

Pointy_kitty said:
AmberC said:
Cool :D A friend of mine has a blue crayfish that she keeps with guppies and barbs. As long as the fish are faster they are fine lol Otherwise they are dinner. She named hers Aloishious. :)
she keeps the guppies and barbs together????????????????? :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:
yeesh
thats a bad bad idea
barbs are fast, fin nippers and guppies are slow with big bright tails (ideal for barbs to tear)
not a good combination at all
and besides
blue crayfish can easily catch a guppy if it comes to rest at night :unsure:
i used to care for one when i worked in a fish shop and people always put guppies in with him
he always caught them :blink:
lol I just love how people jump all over stuff like that.

YK.. I think its been established that NOT ALL FISH ARE THE SAME. She keeps guppies and barbs together and has NOT HAD A PROBLEM. :rolleyes: No it doesn't always work but is obviously working in this scenario. :p AND her crayfish could care less about them!!!! He wouldn't even go after her betta when she had a betta in with him! It all depends on the fish. ;)

Most reactions

Back