Blue eyes or Endlers

Rainbows don't normally eat their eggs if they are well fed.

Most P. signifer lay eggs in the substrate but some lay in plants. If you move a gravel cleaner over the substrate and collect the water in a white bucket, you might be able to see eggs after the water settles. These can be put into a hatching tank and grown up.

Never new they lay in substrate, I will look at this I think. I do have the cories so maybe they might be eating them if they are spawning in the substrate, do you think?

I am sure they do, I watched as my cory follow after some mating glow light tetra :fish:I try and set up "nest" to keep the eggs safe. I had red eyed tetra fry survive to adult hood (14) when my 55 gallon tank was my LOTR castle tank, there were plenty of places for eggs and fry to survive, with my new set up I have had no fry so far. :(

I am sure they do, I watched as my cory follow after some mating glow light tetra :fish:I try and set up "nest" to keep the eggs safe. I had red eyed tetra fry survive to adult hood (14) when my 55 gallon tank was my LOTR castle tank, there were plenty of places for eggs and fry to survive, with my new set up I have had no fry so far. :(
Can I asked what you used in setting up nesting areas?

They must be coming into breeding mode. I was looking at that boys earlier and their colours are really bright and they are getting boisterous, chasing and flaring up at each other. So I will look out for signs of spawning

Can I asked what you used in setting up nesting areas?
I mostly used java moss, small stones, and even marbles to make areas where the eggs could fall into that the fish could not get to them. I would try and make this in shaded or dark spots of the tank. It also helped to hide the fry. Also moss ball several together worked well. I found several fry hiding under or around the moss balls. I also put some of my java ferns close together. I also have some plastic fry grass that I may put into the tank.

Most reactions

Back