Blue Acara & Blue Zebras & Parrot Cichlid?

Yes, the lobster must go. The Parrot will be uncomfortable because of the size of the tank. It needs lots of space. Also, get rid of the pleco and get some ottos instaed. You can't imagine how much bioload (no matter what the size of the fish.) that fish takes up in your tank. :/

Get rid of my Parrot! :eek: It's the only fish with any character. I'll get a bigger fish tank. When you say the plec takes a large Bioload, do mean it's a messy fish with food and fish waste or have I missed the point?

If the Ottos are only going to get as big as 2 inches, will I have problems when the others guys start getting bigger?

Also, does the Ottos origin (Brazil?) come into play when some of my cichlids are African?

If you don't want to get rid of the Parrot then you have to get a bigger tank, and soon.

Yes, the Pleco produces LOTS of waste.

No, the Otto's being from Brazil and your fish being from the Americas and Africa will not make a differance.

Ok thanks for the advice I do appreciate it. :thumbs: I'll look to upgrade my setup asap and get rid of some of the inhabitants. :( I'll Post back here with an update in due course and if I can I'll post some pictures.

Thanks to all of you

So whats the final setup that you are going to do then?

PS: Your live plants will not live to long with blood parrots and blue acaras.

I'll keep hold of the Acaras, Parrot and some (2 or 3) of the Zebras. I was looking at getting something like a Lemon Cichlid but I'm not sure. :dunno:

I'll probably go for a 240 - 300 litre tank. I'd like to keep the plants if I can, but I'll use plastic if I need to :no: With the bigger tank I'll put a few more rocks and caves in also.

I'm not sure which algae eater(s) to go with in the final setup (if any). Ron has suggested Ottos, so I'll look at them maybe.

:lol:

Harsh treatment!

I say give the Blue Zebra's to a friend or work colleague! :D

Then buy that tank you said you were gonna get.

Buy, buy, buy, buy, buy, buy!!!

GixxerAndy

Most reactions

Back