Bloodworm

DopeyAlex

Reaction score
Hey all,

I have a box full of 2cm cubed frozen bloodworm and I normaly thaw out 1 cube a day in tank water in a glass before pouring it into the tank. This prob sounds like a pritty stupid question, but could I put a FROZEN bloodworm cube into a tank for my fish each day instead??? Are there any advantages???

Cheers
Alex

p.s. The bloodworm in for a puffer and oscars

I usually just throw a couple of cubes straight in. Has never done any harm, and the fish seem to love pulling worms from the frozen block.

I drop in frozen tubiflex worm cubes without any problems either. I hadn't thought of letting thaw in a glass first...

ive done both methods: putting whole cube in, and putting in in tank water first. both are fine but if you put the whole cube in be sure that ure fish can eat it all before it falls to the bottom and causes excess waste.

i wet it first all the time now as it puts less crap in the tank and therefore less nitrates.

with ure oscars if they are a reasonable size you can put in cut up earthworms, which they love.(be sure that the earthworms come from soil with no chemicles)

Thanks for the replies. I think I will start putting frozen cubes in. The oscars are about 3in at the moment. Do you think they would be alright eating cut earthworm??? Also today I caught a few moths and fed them to some of the fish, and wow, did they love those or what lol.

Cheers
Alex

Most reactions

Back