Bloodfin tetras

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Derekshatch

Fishaholic
Reaction score
I recently noticed that one of my bloodfin tetra males was hiding. There are five of them total and they schoal all day long but that one sometimes hides during the day. Could their be any reason that he is hiding? If so what can I do to help the situation.

I recently noticed that one of my bloodfin tetra males was hiding. There are five of them total and they schoal all day long but that one sometimes hides during the day. Could their be any reason that he is hiding? If so what can I do to help the situation.
Is the light super bright? What other fish do you have? Are any of them picking on him?

make sure the water quality is good.
post pics and videos of the fish.
it could be bullying from another male.

I have big plants that provide plenty of cover for them because I know that they dont like bright lights and I think that he might be picked on by the other males but I dont understand why he would hide deep in my plants because he doesent have a torn tail from bullying or anything. If he had a torn tail or something from getting bullied I would understand if the fish hid because it wouldent want to die from fighting.

Most reactions

Back