Bloated or egg-bound?

Put the betta in a QT tank. Treat with API Furan-2 if you can get it. You can also do epsom salt baths which will pull fluid out. Try 1 teaspoon of pure, fragrance free epsom salt per gallon of dechlorinated water same temp as tank. Leave fish in for 5 minutes then return to QT tank. You can do this 3 times a day. Fast the fish also for a couple of days and then try the blanched, peeled pea. Keep us posted.
Thanks! Would Fritz maracyn work as well?

Deanasue how can he stop her eating is other fish food as i keep mine on their own, so i couldn't help him out.
As I said, place the betta in a QT tank. It can be a food safe plastic container.

That's why i keep mine totally on their own so i have none of that as my female likes to jump for her pellets and my male koi isn't greedy he'll move away than gauge.
What food do you feed her?
I feed her frozen blood worms, frozen brine shrimp, or betta pellets. The others get micro pellets or a good flake.

@Deanasue as just answered your question on how to stop her eating their food.

As I said, place the betta in a QT tank. It can be a food safe plastic container.
I feed her frozen blood worms, frozen brine shrimp, or betta pellets. The others get micro pellets or a good flake.
Frozen bloodworms and frozen brine shrimp should only be fed once/week. Try some pellets or flakes other days. I feed my bettas New Life Spectrum Betta pellets in the morning and Fluval Bug Bites at night. Both have lots of protein. About once a month they get frozen blood worms as a treat. :)

Frozen bloodworms and frozen brine shrimp should only be fed once/week. Try some pellets or flakes other days. I feed my bettas New Life Spectrum Betta pellets in the morning and Fluval Bug Bites at night. Both have lots of protein. About once a month they get frozen blood worms as a treat. :)
Most of the week she gets pellets. It's only once a week or so that she gets one of the others.

Most reactions

Back