Bloated Guppy Updated:Now Camallanus

Well today i really looked and he has more i can see :crazy: :-(
the others show no sign of anything yet...thank god..i hope they make it!!
So i'm moving them to the 5gal for now, and "jitters" shall...see his last day...

Does it live in the actual tank water??(the Camallanus) Or is it just only trasmitted the way i read, it said nothing about tank water....
and will the fish be okay for a few hours or less without a filter? (While i sterilise as quick as i can) I have an extra heater and i can go without gravel and ornaments...

They should be fine for a couple of hours, best to strip the tank down just to be on the safe side, good luck, sorry for the other one that is infected.

Thanks SO MUCH...lol...I hope this doesnt wipe out my tank!!....I'll have to start later, could you tell me where the Euthanisia thread is again? :-( :no:

Yeah, he is getting so bloated he swims a bit funny now ...I'll update after the tank is all cleaned out...thanks

Is there any meds i could get to help?? There are internal parasite meds at my Lfs, but are they just a rip off??
Update: their in the 5 gal, looking gloomy, i'm running the filter as we speak, the medium looks pretty disgusting :blink: i think i'll buy a new one

i think 5 gallons is too small for guppies, they like to have lots of space. tell your lfs that the guppy looks like it has worms and ask them for a med, it should kill them. have you tried salting the tank? maybe that will kill them off and guppies are tolerant of salt. as long as you dont have anything in your tank but guppies then you could try it.
remove any live plants you have and add 1 level teaspoon per gallon, and 12 hours later add another lot and again 12 hours later. this will give you a concentration level of .3%. use aquarium salt for this. if it does work then you should see a change in a couple of days.
as for your filter what kind is it? if its a cannister then squeeze the sponge in old tank water until its clean. if its a box filter then the media should be changed when its dirty.
have you tested your water lately for ammonia and nitrites? your pet store can do that too for you.

Bought new filter media, blah blah read my other post in tropical chitchat for the details, medicated(Parasite remover) and they show no signs of even stress!!everything is fine now. (or so it seems)...Thanks for the salt tips, i'll remember that

Most reactions

Back