Bloated Dwarf Gourami, Not Eating.

megan maresca

Reaction score
noticed about 3 days ago, so I cleaned out the tank, also tried to give peas, but he's not wanting to eat. I feel bad for the poor guy. :(

Size of tank in gallons or litres.
How many fish and which type.
Water stats in ammonia, nitrite, nitrate, and ph.
What do you feed the fish.
Are scales sticking out.
What does it look like when he goes to the toilet.

Size of tank in gallons or litres.
How many fish and which type.
Water stats in ammonia, nitrite, nitrate, and ph.
What do you feed the fish.
Are scales sticking out.
What does it look like when he goes to the toilet.
10 gallons, 4 fish, dwarf gourami,kissing gourami, another gourami (blue, not sure what kind) alge eater,tropical flakes,looks like a pinecone from top, haven't really seen him have a b/m. Don't know what water stats is.

test your water immiediatly if you havent got a test kit , do a 50% water change right away - replacing with dechlorinated tap water of course

how did you clean out the tank hun

test your water immiediatly if you havent got a test kit , do a 50% water change right away - replacing with dechlorinated tap water of course

how did you clean out the tank hun

place fish in bucket with old water while i rinsed out the tank and flushed rocks. filled tank will tap water about the same water temp. it was and used aquasafe, waited about 2hrs, then placed fish back in tank. The same as I always do it. The fish was bloated before I did it. He passed away today. :-( Thanks for you help!

Why did you rinse the tank out.
R.I.P.

Sigh r e s e a r c h fish like kg's are way to big to be kept in a 10g let alone with other fish

Most reactions

Back