blackened ram....

lissa1794

Reaction score
OK...now that I am paraniod (I have an ill Angel), I am checking all of my tanks and noticed for the first time that my male German Blue Ram is REALLY black.....any thoughts?

ye maybe its scared. my keyholes get scared and go black, and probably because of the dim lighting,

Lissa I don't know if your ram has the same as your angelfish,but I can tell you that I read somethimg similar not too long ago in another forum.
I remember the guy saying that he was concerned about this blue male ramirezi for it had gone half of its face black.I did not belive it 'till he showed pictures and it was all true.He was acting strange and half of its face was very dark.
A few days later the guy posted that his male had just fertilized a females eggs.So,we concluded that the black markings appeared just when it was in heat,just like the colors would get intensified on a soon to be father,this male gets half of its face totally black.weird ,but true.
Hopefully that's the same case,if not keep an eye on your blue ram.

Thanks for the info....I think my rams are getting ready to 'make babies'.....she is cleaning off a spot on a rock. As for my angel (he was in a different tank...and now has moved on to a better place)!

Amber....Check this out.This is Blackface a very young ram during its first spawning.Look at its face totally dark,
8e652c21.jpg

It's certantly weird.... :S

Nope.This fish belongs to a friend in España,Eduardo.This is the guy I was talking about earlier,who had the same problem with his ram as Lissa.

Something curious in that picture.Look behind Blackface and you will see a giant angelfish.You see it?It's a marble angel fish.

I do see it. That's pretty cool! I never would have spotted it on my own.

Most reactions

Back