Blacken sunset platies

hello all,

so back to this thread after getting a bigger tank of 54L. The black color of the platies are however not going away. The new tank is setup using the filtrate plus additional ceremic rings, and dropping kits shows ammonia, nitrite and nitrate are in goid level. Despite of the black, they live happily, the black color sometimes get better in the morning when i wake up and saw them, and then when we started to move around, the dark color come back.

Just on last night I spot one of the fish that have some white dots in her fin, I instantly moved her out into a temporarily quarantine tank. the tank is so small that she doesnt feel happy, darting around, however, the black color slowly going away…

posting 2 photos before and after, the after photo was taken less than 20mins after she get moved i to the quarantine tank, as you can see, the darkness is going away pretty fast.

i didnt mention earlier, i have some rock (volcano stone/ “green dragon stone” that bought from aquarium shop, thou the ph and water quality doesnt seems to be an issue. i have been using ada amazonia 2 substrate)

Attachments

• C7E16B35-73F1-4FF0-AE6D-FA904C3AA24B.jpeg
    C7E16B35-73F1-4FF0-AE6D-FA904C3AA24B.jpeg
    227.7 KB · Views: 22
  • 2479EA62-BF08-49B1-9400-26BADDF398D2.jpeg
    2479EA62-BF08-49B1-9400-26BADDF398D2.jpeg
    294.1 KB · Views: 22
The fish in the pictures is a Xiphophorus variatus platy and they have black colouration on them.

The white spot (sore) on the tail has been responded to on the other post.

Most reactions

Back