Black Shark

What do you feed the fish.

Can you post water stats in ammonia,nitrite,nitrate,and ph, to make sure the tank is coping with the load.

i took a water sample to my local petstore witch they tested the water and they said it was ok, witch i baught the Black Shark from, i feed them, frozen bloodworm sometimes live food, and other frozen food.

I'm assuming the Black Shark you are talking about is not a Red Tailed Black shark then.

I have a Red Tailed one and all sources I have seen list 12 - 13 cm being the maximum they will grow to.

I hope this is right as if not I'm a bit worried that my new tank (100cm X 40cm X 45cm) will not be big enough if she carries on growing!

yeah its a Black shark.. i also have a red tailed black shark in there he hasn't grow alot about the same size as urs not big but they are nice to have.

i thought you were getting 151 not 121....a 121cm is to small CFC said a 180 cm in length...if you buy a 121 it will be too small....also its not advisable tp keep different species of sharks togheter as they are very agressive as you have already found out..if you do want to keep them then you are going to have to get a bigger tank than 121 cm, or you are going to end up with dead fish... :sad:

You have to remember that the black shark is an extremely aggressive fish, far more so than the RTBS. It is aggressive enough that a number of people who like aggressive cichlids keep one and they can pretty much hold their own with a number of nasty cichlids.

Remember that when choosing tankmates.

A tank that is only 121cm long is going to be a bit harsh. Barely twice the fishes adult length. It'll stretch its fins and have to instantly turn around again.

Absolute minimum I would say is 6 x 2 x 2. And when you can get them from as little as under £150 from Mer aquatica there is no excuse to scrimp on size.

(Sorry to sound like a rant, but bigger fish deserve the correct tank size).

is it me or is it crazy that he has/had oscars, a black shark, a redtail black shark, green terrors, and rams in a 20 gallon tank?

Rekord 70 is 70 litres, 15gal roughly

well i got told off the shop i was buying the tank off was a 4ft by 2ft by 2ft tank sounds ok to me

Most reactions

Back