Black platies

emeraldking

Staff member
Global Moderator ⚒️
Reaction score
Well, I'm recently focussing on breeding black maculatus platies. Thusfar, the fins aren't totally black yet but that's just a matter of time before totally blacks will be born. This is not the same as green lantarn platies before anyone thinks they might be.
IMG_8044.JPGIMG_8045.JPGIMG_8050.JPG
It's a fun project to work on...

Well, I'm recently focussing on breeding black maculatus platies. Thusfar, the fins aren't totally black yet but that's just a matter of time before totally blacks will be born. This is not the same as green lantarn platies before anyone thinks they might be.
View attachment 126728View attachment 126729View attachment 126730
It's a fun project to work on...
i see these posts and im like: can i have one plsss i dont even want a totally black one a half black one even works, i need more fish lol

aww wish i had some platies too! can i somehow do a wierd breeding project with guppies un only one 75gallon?
75g Sounds big enough to me. And what do you call "weird"?

Last edited:
aww wish i had some platies too! can i somehow do a wierd breeding project with guppies un only one 75gallon?
. That's part of the fun keeping livebearing fish. creating a new colour strain / improving the quality, and of course the more serious side is keeping and maintaining wild species

IMG_9232 (640x370).jpg

twin bar type platy, I'm hoping to improve the colour pattern and remove the black edging

I like the black platy but I also like the neon colored ones. I will have to buy them on-line. The only ones available locally are the orange colored platy.

Most reactions

Back