Black Molly With Pop Eye

lfckopite

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi all i have just noticed my female black molly has one pop eye all other fish are fine and water is spot on enyone know what this is and how to treat this thanks

hiya, if you can give us some more info it will help us work out what's gone wrong

Tank size:
pH:
ammonia:
nitrite:
nitrate:
kH:
gH:
tank temp:

Fish Symptoms (include full description including lesion, color, location, fish behavior):

Volume and Frequency of water changes:

Chemical Additives or Media in your tank:

Tank inhabitants:

Recent additions to your tank (living or decoration):

Exposure to chemicals:

Digital photo (include if possible):

hiya, if you can give us some more info it will help us work out what's gone wrong

Tank size:
pH:
ammonia:
nitrite:
nitrate:
kH:
gH:
tank temp:

Fish Symptoms (include full description including lesion, color, location, fish behavior):

Volume and Frequency of water changes:

Chemical Additives or Media in your tank:

Tank inhabitants:

Recent additions to your tank (living or decoration):

Exposure to chemicals:

Digital photo (include if possible):
Thank you for your quick repley my tank size is 180L ammonia is 0 nitrite 0 nitrate 10 ph 7.6 water temp is 24c molly is fine feeding well and she looks livlely i change 25% water every week just done it today i am adding aqua plus and nutrafin cycle after each water change the fish i have are 5neons 5 tiger barbs 4 cory cat 3 sordtail 4 mollys 2 bala sharks and one plec with 3 real plants and bog wood my tank as been set up for about 3 months

it could be cos mollies often do best in hard alkaline or brackish conditions, i've kept mollies before and had no end of problems with them in tanks which should be healthy.

i believe pimafix cures pop eye so get some of that and get the tank dosed up.

is the molly male or female and what is the ratio of male and female mollies in the tank?

it could be cos mollies often do best in hard alkaline or brackish conditions, i've kept mollies before and had no end of problems with them in tanks which should be healthy.

i believe pimafix cures pop eye so get some of that and get the tank dosed up.

is the molly male or female and what is the ratio of male and female mollies in the tank?
The molly in qustion is female she gave birth about 6 weeks ago think she was pregy from lfs the ratio of mollys is two black 1 male 1 female and 2 silver mollys 2 male P.s i am setting up a hospital tank so i put the new filter for the hospital tank in main tank so it can cycle 1 week ago belive this will take about 4 weeks to cycle

if you've 3 male mollies and 1 female then that's the root cause of the problem.

you need more felames than males at a ratio of 2:1. the males will relentlessly persue the female to get their way with them, it's very stressful for the females so you need to have lots of girls to spread the aggression out. because she's so stressed she's getting poorly, need to get more girlies in there to even things out

if you've 3 male mollies and 1 female then that's the root cause of the problem.

you need more felames than males at a ratio of 2:1. the males will relentlessly persue the female to get their way with them, it's very stressful for the females so you need to have lots of girls to spread the aggression out. because she's so stressed she's getting poorly, need to get more girlies in there to even things out
Thank you very much i will get some more girls in there they are going to have some fun in there then stuffy fish Ha Ha shall i still get some pimafix? and have i got the 4 weeks right to cycle the new filter

Most reactions

Back