Biotope Section?

Can you show that there is an overwhelming need for such a section? If you can, I bet you'd get people to listen to your suggestion. I don't know either way, but as far as I can tell, I don't see a lot of threads that seem out of place that would be more in place in a biotope subforum.

Why is it such a good idea? Nobody would use it... if they did it would be for cichlids.

Nothing wrong with the idea but i'm not sure there would be enough interest to warrant a separate section. :/

well if cichlids would only use it couldnt it be a sticky subject in cichlids?

Why is it such a good idea? Nobody would use it... if they did it would be for cichlids.

not sure that would be the case. i've tried to research bornean, amazonian and brackish biotopes before, with little success.

just though it would be a good idea becuase it could give help to the people wanting to start a biotope, i have found it hard to find info on the internet other then mongabay

It's a good idea :good:

Have differnet seconds for common biotopes like amazonion, african, etc.

Its an interesting point.
On one hand I have hardly seen any threads on biotopes (mainly photos in the photos section) so id guess there was not much interest in it, but then I think "if I wanted some advise on a biotope, where would I post it?" and come up with no real ideas.
I think its a good idea, if there is enough demand, which I think we can only get an idea about if the section went ahead; I dont think it can really be measured at the moment.

I think the only way this would really get going is if people started to write different topics on certain biotopes in the same style as the fish profiles on this forum. If people started to write some up and post them on here, then maybe there would be a bigger interest.

I think the only way this would really get going is if people started to write different topics on certain biotopes in the same style as the fish profiles on this forum. If people started to write some up and post them on here, then maybe there would be a bigger interest.

That sounds like a really great idea, as long as it includes evidence to support biotopes, photographs etc. You could go further than "Amazon" biotope as well, rio negro, individual countries etc.

Most reactions

Back