Biorb And Mr & Mrs Betta!

loopy1

Reaction score
Hi there,

I have been speaking to Miss Wiggle! and various other people on the tropical fish discussion section. They have all advised that i speak to you all in the Betta section!

I think i have successfully attached the discussion history in the below link??

http://www.fishforums.net/index.php?showto...p;#entry2019637

Would be great if someone can let me know if i have attached the history correctly, and would be interested to hear any comments on my Betta situation!!!

Many thanks :good:

Loopy1, I'm glad that you've found the forum. I don't have time to read through the entire thread, but I have read your original post...

Your biggest problem right now is keeping the male and female(s) together. The only time that the two sexes should be kept together is when they are breeding. Breeding is a very intricate process and involves much more than just putting the two together. The likelihood that you have any fry from the accidental spawn is very low. This could be because the parents ate all the eggs; because the eggs didn't get fertilized, fungussed, and then were eaten; they hatched, but the parents ate the baby fry (eggs hatch in 24-36 hours typically); or the medications in the hospital tank killed the fry that hatched.

Usually the female is removed after the spawning process is complete because she will eat the eggs, or be harassed by the male.

The fin problems/white problems are probably from the two attacking each other. They're like open wounds and can become infected. You'll need to separate the two, and then write more specifically what's going on with each one to figure out the proper treatment.

The male bettas don't get along with guppies. The reasons you stated are correct. They have long, colorful fins and bettas will attack them as if they are other bettas.

I know I've missed quite a bit, but your post was very long! Feel free to ask more specific questions and everyone will do his/her best to answer you.

Just please, PLEASE, separate the two right now...or you're at risk for being crucified on this forum (I joke, but really, people will jump down your throat). I understand that you didn't know/were given misleading information, but the truth is they CANNOT live together under any circumstances.

all i can add to that is please follow what Constantine has said, she is very correct. It is better and safer for your fish to be apart...i can't stress this bit enough

Most reactions

Back