Biorb 30

AQUAKING

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Can a siamese fighting fish (betta) live happily in a biorb 30. I will buy a heater.

Biorb are expensive junk. :lol: But if 30 means 30 litres, yes, the betta will be very happy in there.

Although perhaps a slight change in substrate to something less sharp would be good. Although Aquaking has made several threads that don't give all of the information, I suppose trying to get the answer he wants...

i know people who use about 1/2" of sand in their bio orbs and they say the bettas are quite happy. iv seen them in walmart and the 30's are just about the minimum requirement for bettas.

i know people who use about 1/2" of sand in their bio orbs and they say the bettas are quite happy. iv seen them in walmart and the 30's are just about the minimum requirement for bettas.
They are 7 gallons actually, they're a decent size for 1 betta. :p

They have a nasty current coming out of the top of that ol thing. Save ya money and just buy your betta nice 5 gallon glass tank and a heater etc. Would look alot nicer and cheaper :)

Bret

They are 7 gallons actually, they're a decent size for 1 betta. :p
Yea 7 gallons is definately enough for a betta, I'm surprised thats even a question unless the person who made this thread is very very new to bettas and hasnt done any research, I'm about to get a female in a 1.5 gallon tank and I'm sure she'll be just fine in there.

Sorry i am never detailed enough on these things. (you can tell im new). Im not new to bettas, im new to biorbs. They seemed good but now ive heard you lot, they sound bad. I was worried about him not having enough surface area to take breaths off of, not worried about him having enough water. I have 3 females in my 30 gallon community 1 bright red, 1 dark blue and 1 pinky white. I have been to the pet shop today and i saw a 12 gallon rectangle tank for about the same price as the biorb, with everything you need for a new tropical set up apart from substrate. The Biorb 30 was £45 and the 12 gallon is £49. He can have it all to himself not having to compete for food, and able to explore all the rockwork caves. It can be his own mini mansion.

thanks

AQUAKING

Most reactions

Back