Biorb 15litre Heater Question?

sufcdan

Reaction score
I recently bought a baby biorb 15l to house a single betta

Now my problem, the heater is a pain in the *** to attach to the bowl and alot of the time the bottom of the heater is touching/resting against the side of the acrylic bowl. Is it ok to be left like this? (i took it out when i noticed) or will it burn n fry the acrylic???

Any advice appreciated

Going to buy some soll bactinettes tonight and put the betta in tomorrow.

Also how shall i put the bactinettes into the biorb filter? seeing as its an unusual shape filter

Thanks!

anyone have advice? looking to get it all up and running tonight and add the fish tomorrow

Hi, I have a baby biorb and found the same prob with the heater as the tanks so small, I don't know if you have one or not, but you can buy heater adapters made specifically for the biorb, they're quite cheap and you basically attach the heater to this and its suckers attach to the acrylic on the biorb - so the adapter that the heater is on touches the acrylic bowl, but the heater sits nicely just far enough away not to cause any damage to the bowl. I wouldn't leave the heater on whilst touching the bowl as it could damage it. These are available from most LFS's I would have thought.

and i just realised you posted in May lol!

Most reactions

Back