Bio-Spira

nashnut

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
-_- I'm in the process of setting up some ten gallon tanks to house several male bettas so I ordered some online. The last batch worked wonders.

At any rate it was to be delivered yesterday. Needless to say, it did not show up. UPS put a note on the tracking file that the package was damaged but would be redelivered today. After waiting all day I went on the tracking site to see that they had delivered it at 4:13pm.... god knows where because it wasn't here. About 5:30 here comes the UPS truck with the mangled package. The stuff used to keep the BioSpira was now jelly and actually leaking out of the bag. The BioSpira itself was not cold but not overly hot.

Now I'm waiting for the shipper to contact me as they have to file the claim with UPS. Just as UPS called on the phone, I discovered the juvenile bettas trapped in the filter well along with the dead ones.

Sniff.....

Oh wow... is there no where you can get BioSpira near you?? I have to drive at least an hour to get mine.

That totally sucks!! I'd be really pissed off... and definitely think about using DHL or FedEx the next time. I really hope things get better for you. *hugs*

EDIT: Your males will be fine during the cycling process. They can handle it a lot better than most fish, so honestly... I wouldn't bother the next time.

i have a cousin who works for UPS, and if u knew what they do to their packages, you'd nvr ship throgh them again :lol: if it means alot to you, ship it fed-ex, they are a little more careful with your stuff :thumbs:

:( Unfortunately you have to go with what's offered from a shipper and not select the one you would prefer. I had quite a discussion on the phone with UPS concerning things. I told them before the package even arrived that I thought the driver pulled a fast one by saying the package was delivered at 4:13 (when in fact in was actually delivered at 5:36). I was told, oh no, he can't do that. Well surprise he did!!!!

Most reactions

Back