Big fish for 10 Gal

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

I think butterfly fish need around 40 gallons, don’t they? Cool fish though.
yes, they do. Also, they hate currents.
I’m not sure 10 gallons would be big enough for a BN, since they get pretty big
I breed my bristlenose in a 10 gallon and they are ok, the thing is that you can only keep a max of 2 fish.

I agree with what has been said earlier: let us know your water parameters and tank dimensions and we can make better suggestions. It is difficult to decide otherwise. You could try look at dwarf cichlids or dwarf gouramis, but they may not fit your conditions

how about a german blue ram? they can live on their own and can live in a 10g tank.

Good day,

I have a cycled 10 gallon tank with a 60 gallon air pump, 20 gallon sponge, and adjustable HOB filter which can do 90 GPH. My tank will have either salvinia, red root floater, dwarf water lettuce or duckweed. I will only keep TWO species of the plants. As for the fish I really want to do a singular species + a single cleaner invert/fish. For the main fish I want something big, preferably 4-6 inches but i keep hearing that it’s not viable.

Can I get some recommendations for a single big fish to keep? I am very interested in african cichlids, electric blue acaras and blood red parrots.

Also if this isn’t viable can somebody tell me how many tiger barbs i can keep? (I want the starfire glofish version).

Lastly, can somebody let me know which one/two of these floating plant species can survive with having water dripping on them? I will have a glass canopy on the tank.
LOL...this HAD to be a joke, right?
Or a troll

Most reactions

Back