Bidding For Fish Item On Ebay

modaz

Getting old, but nowhere near knackered, i just lo
Reaction score
im currently bidding on an item and upto to today have been the winning bid, but ive noticed today that the listing has changed after bids have been made, it may sound petty but its really got my goat this time, as i would never change my listings in any terms after bids start as i thought it wasnt allowed. the bidders were available for all to see but now on the biddders are private and like i said has really annoyed me, does anyone know if this is allowed to be changed afetr bids have started, this item is less than the 12 hour rule before listing ends.

I've sold a lot of stuff on ebay and there's not much you can't change after the bidding starts. I've never really cared for the hidden bidder thing. Good luck! :good:

hi there.

once a bid has been made, noting in the listing can be changed at all. ...only things can be added at the bottom saying its been added and the date .

i sell alot on ebay i know you cant change a listing once it has a bid.

sharon

Hi If its the same as Ebay Australia, then when things reach a certain price then the bidder names automatically change to bidder 1 Bidder 2 etc, its a recent thing from ebay to stop other people and scammers contacting the bidders, or something like that anyway. I'll go see if I can find the exact info.

I think you can retract a bid if they change the listing significantly.I don't know how to do this though.

Modaz, why does it bother you so much to not know who the other bidders are? It's not big deal and has no impact on anything whatsoever.
Unless of course the actual terms of the sale or the description have changed - in which case can only add a note modification to the ad - but still not change the original ad.

As meshe1969 says, it's a safeguard system to stop scammers.

i never bid on an item until the last minute...bidding way before it is due to end is just giving to give people a better chance to make it higher! last 10secs (relying on a good internet connection) i plce my bid..and then no1 has time to react :D

but ye i have had names of bidders hidden but its hardly much to worry about

yep leave till last few seconds, i normally have two open, one with the bid ready to go then another at the side with tht time left, works a dream :good:

yep leave till last few seconds, i normally have two open, one with the bid ready to go then another at the side with tht time left, works a dream :good:
Yep - exactly what I do! :D works a dream - but I usually only bid in the last 7 seconds.

Or I snipe it - though I rarely to this.

Modaz, why does it bother you so much to not know who the other bidders are? It's not big deal and has no impact on anything whatsoever.
Unless of course the actual terms of the sale or the description have changed - in which case can only add a note modification to the ad - but still not change the original ad.

As meshe1969 says, it's a safeguard system to stop scammers.
just replying with the second half of your response was all that was needed, the first part was totally not needed,

B)-->QUOTE(Lynda B @ Jun 21 2007, 06:02 PM) [snapback]1661876[/snapback]
Actually, I almost asked the same thing.... :blush:[/quote]
its how a question is asked that makes the difference, not whats said.

Most reactions

Back