Bettas From Walmart

Um, the jar is five gallon, the other quarentine possibility is 1.5 gallon. I only have walmart so unless i can get that there im toast. I am feeding everybody wardly tropical fish flake food right now

Bettas cant eat flake, only pellets and the weekly live food treat.

I got some filter media from a friend so i skipped the cycle
bettas can eat flake as long as it has their dietary needs. i am feeding them tropical flake, with a weekly addition for the bettas of betta pellets. i feed on monday, wendsday, and friday, and give them pellets on tuesday, today

Is there a filter on the jar?

no, but i do daily 75% water changes

oh and i looked on walmart.com, and am planning to save up for brine shrimp. i dont have homework tonight so i should be able to do an hour of work and get the nessesary five bucks and buy some.

Ok just thought I would ask to make sure I had all the info.  :)   I would back it down to 50% once a day for a 5 gallon jar.   Make sure you keep the jar covered because bettas do jump.

hmm are you sure you want to start culturing live food, i wouldnt do anything until your fish are ok, Just in case you need to buy meds.

and at walmart they told me platies are suitible in small groups of three and four for a ten gallon.
i am hoping it will work out, i should have looked it up before i got them, but they didnt have ember tetra or rasboras.

i am watching carefully for nippy platies dont worry.

are brine shrimp alive?? and i do have the jar covered, thanks for checking. i will lower it to 50% a day, thanks.

well dont listen to walmart for starters, platies are energenic and need space the minimum is 15 -20 gallons IMHO.

I do not recommend worrying about live foods for adult bettas.  I would instead buy some good pellet food for the bettas and only feed that to them.  Flake is not recommended for bettas for various reasons.  The most important of which is it is difficult to not overfeed which causes bloat. Bettas are notorious for getting bloated and their stomach is the around the size of their eyeball so easy to overfeed.  Plus it doesn't help that they are little begging piggies.  LOL  

sorry! i hope that doesnt cause a problem. i feel bad, but i guess its a live and learn thing huh? next time if they dont live i will be more careful.

are brine shrimp alive? because if so i might just get a better betta pellet.

ok ill plan on gettin a batter quality pellet, and i am careful not to overfeed too.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/HBH-Enterprise-Betta-Bites-Fish-Food/19299480

this stuff ok?

yes but not freeze dried ones, you can get cultures usally at pet stores. Please relize the platies need a bigger tank.

so let me review... save up for better betta pellet

make sure both betta have clean warm 80 degree water
do daily water changes for the five gallon

what should i do to fight the fin rot? will it go away eventually or do i need to buy something? i heard putting two tablespoons salt per gallon works

The only brine shrimp you can buy at Walmart are freeze-dried and those are not a good thing to feed so unless you can get some frozen brine shrimp somewhere besides Walmart, then stick to a good pellet.  

please dont ignore me your platies will be unhappy in the 10 gallon, at least acknowledge this

Most reactions

Back