betta with tetras??

SneakBetta

Fish Addict
Reaction score
OK, I've got a 6-gallon with a Black Skirt Tetra and 2 neon tetras. The tank is fine, all clean and everything. The fish seem happy and have full appetites. Would a betta get along with these tetras? If so, is there enough room to add a betta? I really want to add a betta but I don't want my tank getting messed up.

It's enough room for a betta, but not with those fish.

The minimum, IMO, size tank for skirts is 30 gallons... I had them in a ten gallon tank and they did not do well.

You are overstocked, even though your fish are doing well. :/

Well my friend, I think that you tank is just fine (with the fish you have in atm) if the amonia and nitate and nitites and pH is okay. But I would not put a Betta in that tank. Although, you could go out to walmarts and get these really cool 1 1/2 gallon critter keepers and that would only be about 5 dollars. Very reasonable. That what I would recommend ;)

EDIT: Walmarts has silk plants on sale! :fun:

Danno said:
Well my friend, I think that you tank is just fine (with the fish you have in atm) if the amonia and nitate and nitites and pH is okay. But I would not put a Betta in that tank. Although, you could go out to walmarts and get these really cool 1 1/2 gallon critter keepers and that would only be about 5 dollars. Very reasonable. That what I would recommend ;)

EDIT: Walmarts has silk plants on sale! :fun:
lol!!

I have a 1-gallon bowl that I want to put a betta in, but my parents think that I don't have room or time to take care of a tank and bowl.

Most reactions

Back