Betta Vs Regular Water Conditioner

SouthernCross

Fish Addict
Reaction score
Hi everyone

Been perusing my online store - noticed that Aquarium Pharmaceuticals (API) make a Betta Complete Water Conditioner. It's description has the following:
- Complete water conditioner.
- Instantly makes water safe for Bettas.
- Adds electrolytes.
- Detoxifies tap water.
- Aids in healing with the power of Aloe Vera.

I've just been using plain old API Tap Water Conditioner. Although I'm considering getting a bottle of the Stress Coat conditioner to use occasionally (adds a coating to the fish to help when they're stressed allegedly) Apparently good for after treating as well. Don't know if there's any merit in this either.

Are bettas fine with just the regular water conditioner? Would this product be more beneficial for any reason?Or is it like I suspect - just the company making more products that are identical to others but aimed at bettas in particular in order to get people to buy more stuff (like the whole Bettafix/Melafix thing) ? :lol:

Anyone with experience with this product/thoughts on the best conditioners?

Thanks

I think the only difference is in the dosage. On my regular water conditioner it will say 1 teaspoon per 10 gallons. But, most people don't keep bettas in 10 gallons, so the dosage will be per 1 gallon or per quart or something like that. But it's all the same really. I just buy a big bottle of stress coat and do some simple math to make it work out :)

Yeah I thought as much. Will stick with the regular stuff then. :good:

Most reactions

Back