betta tanks

Richard

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Sutton Coldfield / West Midlands / England / UK
i`v seen many pics of betta`s kept in jars and these little plastic tanks but what i am wondering is the following cause looking at the tanks it puzzles me

are they heated ?
are they filtered ?

currently i have 2 male betta`s in different comunity tanks 1 with 4 females and 1 with 3 females. I know that its not advisable to keep them together so realy dont need to be told about all the things that could happen. They have been together for around a year and never had the slightest of problems at all.

But i am thinking of going by the book and seperating them hence the questions on the little plastic tank things :/ cause to me really if it aint heated or filtered surly thats cruel :(

anyway all ur advice on these little plastic tanks is appricated :)

i dont think you could keep them in little tanks if you're somewhere cold, and if they arent filtered it means cleaning them out every other day! If you fancy all that trouble then it's fine, but i dont see the problem with what you've got, if there is nothing going wrong at the minute, just keep an eye on the friskey fishies!! I know near me you can get little starter sets for tropical fish (with heaters and everything) which would be ideal for a betta, they are only £20! hth :)

Actually, why seperate them? You have the correct male-to-female ratio. If they've been like that for a year, why bother? If you isolate them, then they will become aggressive.

Most reactions

Back