Reaction score
Could a betta live in this?

Attachments

• fish_tank.jpg
    fish_tank.jpg
    10 KB · Views: 58
Could a betta live in this?

Can't tell how big that tank is.

Basically you're looking for something around 12" x 8" x 8" (30 cm x 20 cm x 20 cm), That is a little over 2 gallons. Larger would of course be preferable :)

Includes tank, lid with access door for feeding, gravel, plastic plant and fish net.

Tank size (H)26.5, (W)39, (D)22cm.

Capacity 12.8 litres.

Includes tank, lid with access door for feeding, gravel, plastic plant and fish net.

Tank size (H)26.5, (W)39, (D)22cm.

Capacity 12.8 litres.

That's around 3 gallons, should be fine. Just remember as it's a smaller tank you really need to keep your water changes regular.

If you could put two gold fishes in there then of course...you can put a betta in there..., but the container is plastic....i rather go with glass. Because when you keep cleaning your plastic container, then walls get really scratched up and it might look ugly...thats why i use glass bowls instead.

Can't 'really' keep two goldfish in there. goldfish produce lots of waste and 3 gallons isn't enough room for them! but a betta would be perfect in there :)

-Ian

If you could put two gold fishes in there then of course...you can put a betta in there..., but the container is plastic....i rather go with glass. Because when you keep cleaning your plastic container, then walls get really scratched up and it might look ugly...thats why i use glass bowls instead.

That type of tank comes in different sizes. I have (or had) one that was a little over a gallon. Unfortunately, I dropped it last week during a water change and it busted. :angry: Oh well...at least it was empty so no betta was harmed. :lol: The larger one I think is around 3 gallons.

That type of tank comes in different sizes. I have (or had) one that was a little over a gallon. Unfortunately, I dropped it last week during a water change and it busted. :angry: Oh well...at least it was empty so no betta was harmed. :lol: The larger one I think is around 3 gallons.
well for a start you NEED a heater and a filter would be helpful

Agreed; in no way could any goldfish of any type live out even a fraction of its lifespan in such a container; the minimum gallonage to sustain just one fancy to maturity (which is, mind you, a good 8-12in and 20 years) is 20 gallons... and that's 20 well aerated, highly filtered, and kept extremelt clean. Commons need more like... a pond.
Goldfish have been getting the short of the stick practically since they were domesticated due to people keeping them in bowls. Whenever kept in bowls, they die prematurely of ammonia poisoning or organ compression - both very unpleasant painful death. I find it appaling that in this day and age, companies are STILL promoting tiny tanks and bowls as acceptable for goldfish.

But, for a betta? 3 gallons should be fine so long as you keep it nice and clean. If you were going by the inch per gallon rule, something between 2-3in would be about right ^^

well for a start you NEED a heater and a filter would be helpful

I was only using the tank temporarily (but, many members keep a betta in a 1 gallon). I don't use a heater during the warm months because its not needed. I maintain a tight schedule for water changes so most of my fish don't have a filter. All are very healthy and active.

I agree, I would never put a goldfish in a tank that size. It makes me angry that they put pictures of goldfish and other fish on the tanks when obviously they are extremely over crowded. :angry:

Most reactions

Back