Betta resting habits~

mybabieshavefins

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hello! I'm a newbie to fish, but oh how I love them! I always wanted to have fish terribly, and as a kid I was given the old standardized goldfish routine. Unfortunately the water in my neighborhood was horrible (in fact a couple of people in the area wound up mysteriously getting cancer out of nowhere and I believe there was something seriously wrong with the area :/ ) and no matter how much time and love I put in my fish they always got sick and died within a few days.
Now I'm the loving mother of a crowntail male and a veiltail male betta and I adore them so! My crowntail has some downright silly sleeping habits, so I was curious about other peoples' bettas! Albel will actually curl up in a ball and sleep on one of his silk plant's leaves. If he isn't in a ball he sleeps on top of one of his flowers, stretched out and looking very relaxed! My veil, Puck, is far less exciting and tends to just bum out wherever, however. So! Any other silly sleepers out there, or is 'Bel just a nutcase?

My ranger sleeps funny to I'd say "good night ranger" and he'd slowly go to his littel cave rock and sleep in it its so cute. ^_^
Tonto sleeps on the side of his tank where snow white (female) is she sleeps by her plant.

Awww, that is SO cute!!! It never ceases to amaze me just how much personality these little guys have. Puck says good morning to me every day, unless he's miffed at me :lol: I say "Good morning!" to the babies and Puck comes right up to the glass and wriggles happily for a few minutes (usually until I feed him).

And I love your choice of names :rofl: You should get Ranger a corycat and name it "Silver" so you can have the whole Lone Ranger set <3

:D thats a great idea! Yeah I love how I named them. theres littel 1$ DVDs of the lone ranger in wal*mart. ^_^

Only $1?! God I love cheap DVDs. I love them good. I'll have to look for them next time so I can catch up on some lone ranger goodness!

I actually do have a cory hes a pale yellow and he lives with the mollies.
oh ranger greets my mom\sisters with thes littel tricks he'll go thru this one plant 3 times in a row then go in his cave go around the whole tank and wait for food. :lol:

Yeah I have most of them I played the DVD for ranger he looked at it like O_O he stole my name.

this is a cute thread ^_^ I would love to see Abel curled up in a ball!! I think we need pics of the cuteness ;)

My last Betta, Bo Jangles, used to sleep under the marbles in his tank, or all tangled in his floating plant... he wasn't too unusual, but he also greeted whoever walked by his tank. He also chased your finger around if moved it back and fourth on the outside of the glass :nod:

splashluff said:
this is a cute thread ^_^ I would love to see Abel curled up in a ball!! I think we need pics of the cuteness ;)
Awwww! I really really want to post pictures of my babies here! I have a perfectly good digicam, the problem is that my old computer was fried and the one I have now is a temp without usb ports, so no uploading skillz for me >_< It really is cute though, I wind up seeing nothing but a ball of long red fins in his plant :lol: Aww, so your little guy's a greeter too! I love it when they're interactive!

Snorky: Haha, so you already have a "Silver" candidate! I just thought a cory would be funny cause my friend's cories swim together at lightning speed like a couple of maniacs! And poor Ranger, being plagerized like that! Copyright infringement! Copyright infringement!!!!

[EDIT!]
Oh, and Bo Jangles!!! Another GREAT betta name! :rofl: I love it!

lol Copyright infringement and would the cory be okay in his tank? :p or would he ride him lol

Haha! Once again, I'm a newbie to fish but I've heard that cories do just fine with bettas... Not only are they not flashy but they're so fast most lazy bettas can't even catch up with them long enough to harass them! Still, I'd ask someone more experienced here on the forum before introducing Ranger to his trusty steed, just to be safe!

One of the new guys Wuv gave me can wedge himself inside the branches of one of the plants in his tank...tighter then could be thought humanly..errr fisher...ly? possible lol....How he manages to get in there like that, not to mention get out..is beyond me. :lol: I have a picture somewhere I'll have to dig it up.

Most reactions

Back