betta not flaring

tacofrano

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Well i have a purple betta and he dose not flare. the other betta goes crazy yet he just looks at the betta following it between the glass. do you think this is a good thing or a bad thing? He seems happy blowing super bubble nests and such
thanks

I don't think it's good or bad, it just is. Some flare lots, others rarely flare.

may jsut be his personality!!!! he could just be used to it, i dont know if bettas get desensitized to seeing others or not.

i have a cellophane double tail male, Jack and he was in the pet shop in close proximity to other fish and i have never seen him flare, but the female next to him (in their own bowls) flares all the time at him, he just doesnt seem to care!

George flares at me when I walk up to his tank (until he realizes it's dinner time, then he gets busy eating). Barracuda never flares, not even for a mirror. I think he's one tough cooky and knows he doesn't have to prove his manliness by flaring.

A betta and a goldfish have different needs. Goldfish prefer colder water, betta's prefer warmer. A goldfish creates an amazing amount of waste as well. Plus goldfish do have flowy tails so you never know...

Anyway, I'd personally never do it!

Most reactions

Back