Betta nipping his fins

Oh yeah I don't go there anymore lol. Only went once or twice. It's a nasty little store with gross cages, way overcrowded cages with breeding rabbits, mice, rats, hamsters etc and rude owners. I actually just go to Petco, even tho it's a 20 minute drive rather than a 5 minute one. It's a chain pet store, so not the greatest but still way better
Yea. That still sucks. I actually have about 4 lfs I can go to and I just choose the one with the cheapest prices and they conveniently are the nicest. All fish are healthy and the lady who works there is very nice and answers all of my questions. Still think she has kept every fish known to man

Yea. That still sucks. I actually have about 4 lfs I can go to and I just choose the one with the cheapest prices and they conveniently are the nicest. All fish are healthy and the lady who works there is very nice and answers all of my questions. Still think she has kept every fish known to man
That's great. This is the only store with fish in town... blehk, gross...

I would love to open a pet store. I would be fair and actually care for the animals and keep them in humane conditions

That's great. This is the only store with fish in town... blehk, gross...

I would love to open a pet store. I would be fair and actually care for the animals and keep them in humane conditions
Nice. That honestly my goal when I retire or something. Yea I am very lucky. That’s honestly what’s kept me in this hobby so strongly. She always has a smile on her face and helps me fix any problems I may have.

Nice. That honestly my goal when I retire or something. Yea I am very lucky. That’s honestly what’s kept me in this hobby so strongly. She always has a smile on her face and helps me fix any problems I may have.
That's awesome! This LFS actually gives me worse advice than some petco workers :rofl: :dunno:

Try add hiding places for him; tunnel, pvc pipes to make him feel more secure.

I have heard it suggested to put a ping pong ball in the tank. They float and the betta pushed them around.

I have never done this myself so I can't vouch for it as a method for curing fish boredom :)

I have heard it suggested to put a ping pong ball in the tank. They float and the betta pushed them around.

I have never done this myself so I can't vouch for it as a method for curing fish boredom :)
That seems like a fun idea. I don’t know if it will fit under the lid tho. I’m going to look into “toys” for my betta. Maybe I’ll make a ring out of airline tubing for him to swim through

You can put a mirror next to his tank for 5-15 minutes once or twice a week.
He will see his reflection and go nuts on it trying to drive it out of his territory. After a few minutes you remove the mirror and he will strut around thinking he is top dog because he chased the intruder away.

This can sometimes help with fish that are bored.

You can put a mirror next to his tank for 5-15 minutes once or twice a week.
He will see his reflection and go nuts on it trying to drive it out of his territory. After a few minutes you remove the mirror and he will strut around thinking he is top dog because he chased the intruder away.

This can sometimes help with fish that are bored.
Ok I’ll try that

Most reactions

Back