Betta near filter.

Betta pellets should help. I don't have shrimp, so I can not relate to the issues you have exactly, but if most of the food is sinking to the substrate before your Betta gets it (which I imagine the flakes are doing?), I would try a food that floats more before sinking, which the Betta pellets should do. I am not sure about brine shrimp, as i have never tried feeding my Betta BS.
I’ve lrdered some frogbit however know they need a very subtle flow of water, I’ve reduced mine significantly however am worrying about not enough oxygen exchange for the betta, is this an issue or not?

I’ve lrdered some frogbit however know they need a very subtle flow of water, I’ve reduced mine significantly however am worrying about not enough oxygen exchange for the betta, is this an issue or not?
As long as there is some flow, and enough to move water through the tank, you should be fine. Keep in mind Betta are Labyrinth fish and they have special organs designed to allow them to actually take breaths at the surface and breath air.

As long as there is some flow, and enough to move water through the tank, you should be fine. Keep in mind Betta are Labyrinth fish and they have special organs designed to allow them to actually take breaths at the surface and breath air.
Their is still clear surface breakage so hopefully should be fine, thank you. Always used to Plecos corys etc so had spray bars so this all seems weird!

Most reactions

Back