Betta near filter.

Willbacon23

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Hey guys, in my new tank I came home to see my betta hanging right next to my filter and I was wondering if anyone knows why this is. Could he jus like being next to it? Since I’ve got home he’s now moved back to the middle of the tank so I don’t know if I’m just worrying too much

Mine I doing the same thing I don't know what it could be maybe the heat from the filter or maybe the flow idk

Mine I doing the same thing I don't know what it could be maybe the heat from the filter or maybe the flow idk
It does seem strange my heater is near the filter as well, maybe I should try move it see what happens, he’s now completely normal
In his wilderness

The Betta could feel like the filter is "shelter/cover" and may feel more comfortable near the filter. Betta love floating plants and feel more comfortable near the surface near some sort of cover, whether it be a plant or something else. Do you have any plants or other cover in the tank? If not, then the Betta might be seeking out what it sees as "cover". Just a theory...

The Betta could feel like the filter is "shelter/cover" and may feel more comfortable near the filter. Betta love floating plants and feel more comfortable near the surface near some sort of cover, whether it be a plant or something else. Do you have any plants or other cover in the tank? If not, then the Betta might be seeking out what it sees as "cover". Just a theory...
Here is my tank set up in the 25 Gallon

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 73
Looks good two things the betta leaf is to low if you want him to sleep on it put in about 1/2” below the surface and second I think a 25 gallon might be a little big but I could be wrong

I would suggest adding some more tall plants or floating plants. My Betta loves to hang out among the leaves of one of the plants in his tank near the surface of the water. Your tank, although very pretty, doesn't have a lot in the way for "cover" towards the surface of the water. Some tall and/or floating plants would help him feel more comfortable and then he might not feel like he needs to hang out near the filter. :)

I would suggest adding some more tall plants or floating plants. My Betta loves to hang out among the leaves of one of the plants in his tank near the surface of the water. Your tank, although very pretty, doesn't have a lot in the way for "cover" towards the surface of the water. Some tall and/or floating plants would help him feel more comfortable and then he might not feel like he needs to hang out near the filter. :)
Perfect thanks so much, I’ve got some amazon swords in my lther tank which I can move over, would that work?

Perfect thanks so much, I’ve got some amazon swords in my lther tank which I can move over, would that work?
Yes, it would be a good start... Floating plants would really help as well. I would suggest Frog bit, or dwarf water lettuce, or water sprite. I would stay away from duck weed, as it tends to propagate so quickly it is hard to keep up with and can take over a tank.

Yes, it would be a good start... Floating plants would really help as well. I would suggest Frog bit, or dwarf water lettuce, or water sprite. I would stay away from duck weed, as it tends to propagate so quickly it is hard to keep up with and can take over a tank.
Perfect thanks so much I will get some now

The other thing is I’m struggling to feed my betta a consistent amount, with the shrimps getting a fair share of the food. I’ve ordered pellets over my betta flake and have brine shrimp as well. I’m wondering whether it jus needs to get used to it as food

The other thing is I’m struggling to feed my betta a consistent amount, with the shrimps getting a fair share of the food. I’ve ordered pellets over my betta flake and have brine shrimp as well. I’m wondering whether it jus needs to get used to it as food
Betta pellets should help. I don't have shrimp, so I can not relate to the issues you have exactly, but if most of the food is sinking to the substrate before your Betta gets it (which I imagine the flakes are doing?), I would try a food that floats more before sinking, which the Betta pellets should do. I am not sure about brine shrimp, as i have never tried feeding my Betta BS.

Betta pellets should help. I don't have shrimp, so I can not relate to the issues you have exactly, but if most of the food is sinking to the substrate before your Betta gets it (which I imagine the flakes are doing?), I would try a food that floats more before sinking, which the Betta pellets should do. I am not sure about brine shrimp, as i have never tried feeding my Betta BS.
Ahain thank you pellets coming tommorow so hopefully works

Most reactions

Back