Betta May Have Fungus

could it just be silvery coloration to the scales in that area? some bettas get silvery around the gillplates/under their chin as they age. if you notice ANY fuzz/fluffiness to the area treat right away for columnaris (it often starts on the head). keep water quality tip-top (which appears to be at present) and monitor his behavior. any change in feeding/activity level and begin treating right away. not saying it IS columnaris (doesnt appear so from photos) but be on the lookout and be prepared).
he sure is handsome!
cheers

could it just be silvery coloration to the scales in that area? some bettas get silvery around the gillplates/under their chin as they age. if you notice ANY fuzz/fluffiness to the area treat right away for columnaris (it often starts on the head). keep water quality tip-top (which appears to be at present) and monitor his behavior. any change in feeding/activity level and begin treating right away. not saying it IS columnaris (doesnt appear so from photos) but be on the lookout and be prepared).
he sure is handsome!
cheers

Thank you, it doesn't look silverish it's just faded or greyish looking. I don't really see fuzz at the moment.. but like I said I can't really get a great look at it (my lighting is terrible) I have been keeping an eye on him though everyday. I think I'm going to add 1 tablespoon of salt just to be on the safe side for now. If it is columnaris, it hates salt and oxygen.

I just wanted to give you guys an update on my betta. Since I put the tablespoon of salt in the tank it seems like the spot on my betta's face is almost all gone :) Yay! :good:

Most reactions

Back