Betta Male & Females

snoopyfrench87

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Should a male fighter fish be kept in a tank with 5 female fighter fish?

please respond - use quotes where possible - personal experience - websites- books

I plan to take this thread to my old boss :angry:

No! They shouldn't.

You'll end up with just the male left.

please respond - use quotes where possible - personal experience - websites- books

NO THEY SHOULD NOT

Your boss needs a slap and he needs to learn summat himself the dumbass

NO THEY SHOULD NOT

Your boss needs a slap and he needs to learn summat himself the dumbass

Presuming it's the boss who is keeping a male with 5 females and not "snoopyfrench87" who is suggesting it to the boss and they so "no it can't be done"

my boss is keeping fish this way - i have just walked out because he refuses to change this and other reasons

no it cant and shouldnt be done, they will fight and kill each other, I have seen it done and the result is maimed and dead fish.

your boss needs to do some research, any one with commen sense can google and find out that males and females should never be kept together unless properly conditioned to spawn, even then you have instances where they will try and kill each other.

I can't help on the beta front but I can help on the employment law front if you want advice on unfair dismisal I have several link. As long as you were no in the wrong you will have a good case.

Absolutely NOT......many of us have seen the effects of suddenly realising we have a rogue male in a female tank and the damage that gets done. Your boss doesn't sounds like he gives a hoot about his fish if he cant be bothered to research their proper care :angry: :angry: :angry:

thye are not fing guppies!!! ither the male will get the smallest female and kill her, the females will beat each other up in compition or they will all gang up and kill the male if they are not in the mood!!!!!ur old boss needs to read up and get his crap straight , moron........

Most reactions

Back