Betta Identification Help Needed

Ammolite

Mostly New Member
Reaction score
So i recently brought a new boy, Ammolite (named after the rainbow gemstone) he lost some of his tail to a filter accident in the store but has been making great progress so far, he's lively and loveable and the prettiest betta i have! 
I just don't know what breed he is! I got him as a 'standard' betta, but his colouring and tail type(although destroyed) to me doesn't seem like its  standard. I was wondering if anyone else had any ideas on his breed type, as the lady in the store had no idea about betta fish and was no help, and i can't seem to put my finger on him.

25ptfnb.jpg

He could be a veil tail or delta tail, a bit hard to say since his tail is injured. I'm not an expert on betta genetics, nor do I show bettas, but here is a good site for betta colors and patterns. His coloration looks like a "Multi", but he could be considered a mottled "Thai Flag". His undamaged fins show "Butterfly" coloration, too. He's very beautiful c:

He is very nice I'm going to say veil tail going by the downward curve of the top of the tail, he may yet develop into a marble for you as he is such a mix, keep us updated on any colour changes!

Because of the torn fin you should make sure to keep the water as clean as possible to avoid infection.
He has an awesome assortment of colors, by the way.
good.gif

Most reactions

Back