Betta Fish Food Questions

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Hello everyone! I was wondering if my schedule for feeding is okay and if I should adjust anything. I'm not sure how often to feed each of these foods and I'd love some advice about that.
1) I have bloodworms, Fluval bug bites, and Hikari betta bio gold for my bettas.
2) I feed 2 blood worms every 2 days.
3) I feed 5 bio gold pellets and 2 bits of Fluval bug bites daily (even when I feed bloodworms).
4) I don't feed my fish on one day of the week (I didn't feed them yesterday and last week I didn't feed them on Wednesday)

Here's what I'm thinking:
Raise the amount of food to 6-7 bio gold pellets when I don't feed bloodworms and give both my fish 5 Hikari pellets when I do feed bloodworms.
Could anyone help with how frequently I should feed everything? Thank you so much! :)
What you wrote was kind of confusing, so here is what I would do:

Monday, Wednesday, Friday: Hikari Pellets (4 a day)
Tuesday & Thursday: Fluval Bug Bites (4 a day)
Saturday & Sunday: Fast

The bloodworms should only be fed as a treat.

Are the bloodworms frozen or freeze dried? Freeze dried should be rehydrated before putting them in the tank as bettas will eat them before they've had chance to absorb water so they'll do this inside the fish and swell up.

Bloodworms have little nutritional value and should only be fed once a week at most.
Oh seriously? Can you let me know what is best to feed your betta? I have a Pink Orchid male and I have been feeding him bloodworms since day one (around January).... what do you recommend I feed him? I have some TopFin Pro Series pellets that I feed my livebearers, would those work?

Oh seriously? Can you let me know what is best to feed your betta? I have a Pink Orchid male and I have been feeding him bloodworms since day one (around January).... what do you recommend I feed him? I have some TopFin Pro Series pellets that I feed my livebearers, would those work?
I would get Omega One Betta Buffet Pellets and Fluval Bug Bites. Both these foods are packed with nutrients and are very good for your Betta.

My betta wouldn't entertain daphnia, he'd spit it out and look at me all Kevin & Perry like 'I HATE you!'
Just a quick update, Blue loves these too ??!!

I suck them up into a syringe, drip out as much as the liquid they come in as I can and then squirt them into the tank....while I’m trying to balance the lid, sort the syringe and co-ordinate my fingers he’s actively attacking the syringe trying to get them!! ???

Just a quick update, Blue loves these too ??!!

I suck them up into a syringe, drip out as much as the liquid they come in as I can and then squirt them into the tank....while I’m trying to balance the lid, sort the syringe and co-ordinate my fingers he’s actively attacking the syringe trying to get them!! ???
That's so funny! They're so feisty aren't they?

That's so funny! They're so feisty aren't they?
They are amazing ? I wanted one because they are so “pretty”, but actually I’m shocked at how much character he’s got, we can almost have a conversation with his wiggling like some sort of flag signal ?? (or maybe 14 months at home is just turning me senile..? ?) ?

They are amazing ? I wanted one because they are so “pretty”, but actually I’m shocked at how much character he’s got, we can almost have a conversation with his wiggling like some sort of flag signal ?? (or maybe 14 months at home is just turning me senile..? ?) ?
I fear it may be the latter Nanna ? but you're right, they are full of personality and each one is different. They make lovely pets

Most reactions

Back