Betta Fighting The Poster Background

AKB

Reaction score
Hi there,

So, I decided to replace the old aquarium poster background with a blank black poster background, because the old one is very childish and distracting. Unfortunately, I couldn't find matte ones at my local store. So, my Betta is now fighting his reflection for a long time all day, since I leave the lights turned on for 12 hours a day.
I found ones online but I can't tell whether they are what I'm looking for exactly. I also like the textured ones but I think my tank is supposed to be empty and dry to use them, right?
Any recommendations for a good quality matte black poster backgrounds??

Thanks.!

Welcome to TFF!! You can paint the glass black!! Easy and inexpencive!!

Reactions: AKB
Welcome to TFF!! You can paint the glass black!! Easy and inexpencive!!
Thanks a lot!
Yes, I saw online that some people paint their tanks. But, is it safe for a the fish?
Is there a specific type of paint I should use?

Thanks a lot!
Yes, I saw online that some people paint their tanks. But, is it safe for a the fish?
Is there a specific type of paint I should use?
You paint the OUTSIDE of the glass... I forget what type of paint is used BUT I believe its a rubber like paint that just peels off when you dont like it anymore... But again, I forget what its called :confused:

You paint the OUTSIDE of the glass... I forget what type of paint is used BUT I believe its a rubber like paint that just peels off when you dont like it anymore... But again, I forget what its called :confused:
Great! Thanks.
I found a Thorndown peelable glass paint. But I have to make sure the paint has a satin/matte finish or I'll end up with the exact same problem.

It's safe for the fish, because you only paint the outside!! Just a note, if you're going to paint the tank when the fish is inside, then you must not use spray.

Most reactions

Back