Betta Colours

that's not a small tank at all. that's what, 3 to 4 gallons?

bettatankpgslices_06.jpg

now THAT is a small tank! *yuk*

Poor fish in a tank that small :(

Poor person with a brain so small...

Ok that may have been uncalled for, but if the fish is happy and healthy, which he obviously is, then why does it matter, that tanks not small, would you rather see him in a small bowl, or one of those 1/4 gallon betta keepers that come with the plastic plants sharp enough to rip his fins to shreds, I think not.

Poor fish in a tank that small :(

and after i was all proud of the nonflamming thread i had going the flamming starts. ok i know its a select few but comeon guys really! that tank is about a gallon even. if the fish is happy it shouldn't matter.

i had a male betta (CT for those needing info :p ) that if you put him in anything bigger than the little petstore cups he got really stressed and sulked. it depends on the fish's personality, that fish looks healthy and happy to me.

besides the thread was about pink colored bettas, not tank size, keep it on topic :rolleyes: !

Its not flaming when that is my honest opinion, i would never EVER keep a fish in something that size. To put it in perspective, would you like living in a 3x3 cupboard?

This is a topic about pink bettas, there is no need to get off on a whole other tangent, like RW said on the other thread, if you want to discuss this matter start your own topic, theres no need to hijack another persons thread, especially with such a rude and accusatory tone.

See, this is why people are getting fed up with this section and this forum... people do not understand civil debate, nor are they capable off keeping posts on topic.

To the origional poster - you'll be happy to know that many female bettas are pink! Maybe you can get a pink girl for extra femininity :lol: I have a couple of pink bettas myself; one is a marble fin-biting male who is a very rich, dark shade of pink. I notice a lot of pink and pink mixed color crowntails, too; they seem to come in fancier colors than the VT stock in many stores. I'm sure you'll find exactly what you want, especially if you visit a few locations. :good:

Its not flaming when that is my honest opinion, i would never EVER keep a fish in something that size. To put it in perspective, would you like living in a 3x3 cupboard?
You have the right to express your opinion, but taking over several different completely unrelated threads is NOT the way to do it. It's just going to get a lot of people really angry at you, and will not gain you or your opinion any respect whatsoever. If you feel that strongly about this subject, start your own thread or post in one on this topic. Just remember to keep it courteous, because that is what will get people to take the time to listen to and consider your views.

Off topic:
Hijacking thread: Please don't reply to this post as it should be PM'd!

:yahoo: :friends: :cool: :clap: :clap: :clap: :kana: :hooray:

Betta people Rule!

I'm so proud :D

[Another off subject: probably not strickly a flame (flaming), but it was rude , off topic, not asked for, a hijack, inappropriate.]

Carry on

Picture204.jpg

This is the most beautiful fish I've ever had, and the closest to a pink betta I've ever seen. I found him at Wal-mart so you can probably find one similar at a local pet store. Sorry it's not a very good picture, but it's good enough to see that he's a light pink color.

thank you all for the pictures. they're all beautiful. well i went to my most reliable lfs and there were none as lovely as the ones on here! they all seemed to be just one colour, all two! but the blue had a tiny bit of red in it. ages ago before i wanted a betta, like summer time, i saw a yellow and purple betta in there. there were loads different colours and looking back i wish id have bought one then. the red one i bought, im not sure what kind of betta it is. the pics aren't too good but if you could help me out it would be great
thanksx

385173815a2355835011b147705359l.jpg

hinding a bit

385173815a2355835056b43942498l.jpg

this ones abit dark

385173815a2355835089b748956833l.jpg

this ones abit bright.

there is aload of comboda or what ever you call it for him to swim around in and theres abit thats so dense he hides behind it. a sort of cave of comboda.
there where 4 neon tetras with him but he's killed 2 already. so theres only 2 left and thats abit low for a school fish.
the water is near enough perfect and crystal clean :D so hopefully, the size of the tank won't be too stressful because the water makes it better. i keep called him a she for some reason lol
i want another! i want to breed these fish!!
would a male with a few females be ok?
are a few females ok to go together?
i need to do some research lol

thank you all for the pictures. they're all beautiful. well i went to my most reliable lfs and there were none as lovely as the ones on here! they all seemed to be just one colour, all two! but the blue had a tiny bit of red in it. ages ago before i wanted a betta, like summer time, i saw a yellow and purple betta in there. there were loads different colours and looking back i wish id have bought one then. the red one i bought, im not sure what kind of betta it is. the pics aren't too good but if you could help me out it would be great
thanksx

385173815a2355835011b147705359l.jpg

hinding a bit

385173815a2355835056b43942498l.jpg

this ones abit dark

385173815a2355835089b748956833l.jpg

this ones abit bright.

there is aload of comboda or what ever you call it for him to swim around in and theres abit thats so dense he hides behind it. a sort of cave of comboda.
there where 4 neon tetras with him but he's killed 2 already. so theres only 2 left and thats abit low for a school fish.
the water is near enough perfect and crystal clean :D so hopefully, the size of the tank won't be too stressful because the water makes it better. i keep called him a she for some reason lol
i want another! i want to breed these fish!!
would a male with a few females be ok?
are a few females ok to go together?
i need to do some research lol
He's very handsome! :)

Females should never be kept with males except during the actual spawning, and even then one or both of them often gets beat up. Housing males and females together all the time will end in dead or injured fish.

You can keep female bettas together in groups of 4 or more, and in tanks 10 gallons or bigger (4-6 females for a 10 gallon tank) with lots of plants and decor for hiding places. You'll also want to get females that are used to living with other females, preferably siblings. There's still no guarantee that it will work out though, because some females are just as aggressive as males.

Glad you know you have to do research. ;) Breeding bettas is a LOT of work, and you want to make sure you go about it right for the good of you, your pair, and any resulting fry. As lovely as your new boy is, he is a veiltail, so it's definitely not a good idea to breed him. Look for a nice pair from a reputable breeder to start with, because you could end up with 500+ fry, and you'll need to find homes for them all eventually.

why is it definatly not a good idea to breed him? the finage seems a little torn too. will this grow and be "fuller?" if you get me? i like the half moons and deltas, how much would they be?
x

His fins will definitely grow now that you'll give him nice clean water. :)

Breeding veiltails is a bad idea for several reasons. First of all, you have no idea what their genetic background is since he came from a pet store, and therefore most likely from a mass producer somewhere. He could carry bad genes and you could end up with lots of deformed fry. Also, because you can end up with 500+ veiltail fry, and because veiltails are in no great demand at all, and won't be anytime soon, you'd most likely end up giving away/selling fry to pet stores... therefore contributing to the "betta in a cup" industry. Lastly, there are sooo many veiltails in pet stores already, and so many die every day from being in horrible conditions in bad pet stores and ignorant betta owners' homes. It's like breeding two dogs that are mutts, despite the fact that shelters are chock full of homeless dogs and numerous dogs are put to sleep every day because they were not adopted in time.

A good quality pair doesn't cost all that much more than pet store bettas do if you look in the right places. There are plenty of good breeders in the UK. Check out this thread.

Most reactions

Back