Betta Color Chat

mea_caroro

Reaction score
My grandma is getting me a 5/6 gallon tank and I'm getting a male Betta fish. I can't decide on colors and fin types, but I know if I find one I will get a yellow or metallic if i can, due to the rareness of the color. Can you provide me with a color and fin chart of all the different colors Betta fish come in, please? :fun:

There is an incredible listing of colors and tail types at betta talk:
http://bettatalk.com/stock_for_sale.htm
That might give you an idea. As far as a chart... I'm not sure I've ever seen one. :p

Well I sure do like that chocolate, and as for fin, I've always loved the crowntail, rosetail, and half moon. Do you know if those are rather rare types of fin and is that a rare color?

Well I sure do like that chocolate or apaches, and as for fin, I've always loved the crowntail, rosetail, and half moon. Do you know if those are rather rare types of fin and is that a rare color?

Rosetails aren't actually tail types, they're more of an "extra feature" to a tail type. No, crowntails and halfmoons are not rare, although you won't usually find them at pet shops. It's better to order online.
Apaches are I believe "rare" and chocolate is a little rare... it all depends on the pet shop you're buuying from though.

I know here in the upper valley (VT/NH border) the pet stores almost always carry Crowntails so they aren't too hard to find I wouldn't think. I got both of mine at the lfs. As for colors, I'm not sure. I mostly see red/blue/green sometimes white.

Most reactions

Back