Betta Bubble Nest

males tend to make bubble nest when they are happy and ready to breed.. mine are rather happy and make nests all the time.. however i wont be breeding them for another month n a half.. but nonetheless.. just because they dont make a nest doesnt mean theyre not happy.. some males just wont make a nest like others.. and others will only make bubble nests under things like styrofoam..

Not all males will make a bubblenest.
Some won't no matter what, some only will if they can make it under something (like a leaf that rests at the surface of the water).
So don't get paranoid if your male doesn't make a bubblenest and think something is wrong.

Yeah, they make bubble nest when they are happy or they want to breed :)

oh right, well i thought maybe he was happier than the other day :S I've only had him a couple of days :) also, he's really trying to get through to the female side, but that might not mean he wants to breed! lol, he might just want a fight :S

so when they look ready to breed do you just put them together? (not that I'm gonna try just yet!)

well they would have to be conditioned and such and then when you put them together theres a certain procedure to go about so that everything will work out... you can find more information pinned at the top of the betta forum...

some guys build and some dont, mine does not. well I have not even gotten the lazy guy to show me a full flair...tweek no longer lives up to his name as he is rather laid back lol.

Most reactions

Back