Betta Breeding Help

FishHobbyist1564

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
hi i have a female and male betta in the same tank since last night, and he has a bubble nest built and now it is morning... but he isnt chasing her at all, she will sometimes come out and run away when he comes near, but he wont chase her, and doesnt seem to care about her. But on the other hand, he doesnt stop chasing another female i have. I thought that he was becoming nicer to the female i have in now because they might be getting ready to breed... but i dont know!

Confused lol help :S

I would take the female out fo a little while. Make sure you are feeding them well with live or freezedried shrimp or mealworms. If they havent been conditioned with lots of food and warm temperatures, they may not be "in the mood". Also, be patient, my last spawning pair took 2 days of them being together for them to decide to "go to work". It can be a pain, but in the end it's worth it.

Good luck :good:

hi i have a female and male betta in the same tank since last night, and he has a bubble nest built and now it is morning... but he isnt chasing her at all, she will sometimes come out and run away when he comes near, but he wont chase her, and doesnt seem to care about her. But on the other hand, he doesnt stop chasing another female i have. I thought that he was becoming nicer to the female i have in now because they might be getting ready to breed... but i dont know!

Confused lol help :S

I would leave them in the tank and give them a little more time. If the female is coming out but then running away, eventually she will become more and more bold in approaching him and if he allows her to get close they will spawn.

Most reactions

Back