Betta bites

nashnutny

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
:eek: I bought a package of Betta Bites a couple months ago in a local store. They loved them so I decided to get more but this time on line. When the order came today I discovered that they are about 1/5 the size of the previous Betta Bites. The first batch was a bit larger than the Bio-Gold pellets. Would this be two different types or a change in the size??? Both packages are from the same company

I'm not familiar with anything except the Hikari Betta Bio Gold. That's all we use. They are just about perfect size for bettas. Our bettas "chew" them up. It's funny to watch.

My new betta seemed to have alittle trouble with the betta bites I was giving him. So
today I bought him the Hikari Betta Bio Gold baby pellets. He seemed to really like them.

:)

I've never even seen the bigger pellets,all I've ever had are the baby bites of Hikari Bio-gold. My lfs ordered a two pound bag for me, and we split it, I was relieved to see that it was the tiny kind,I kinda got nervous wondering if they'd be monsterous.

I think you might like the small ones better :nod:

:eek: At least now I can understand why they say only feed whatever can be eaten in just a couple minutes. With the bigger bites I only fed 2 or 3 but with these, it's just a pinch or so.

The regular Betta Bio Gold are tiny but they do make baby ones which look almost powdered. Our don't have any trouble with the regular ones. One gulp and they're gone. That "feed what they can eat in 2 - 3 minutes thing don't work for ours. I give them 3 twice a day. They take them off my finger so they are gone immediately. I think they could eat an entire pack in 3 minutes.

Most reactions

Back