Betta Aquarium water tested good today!

BettaBabe

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
:lol: Tested by a professional and got a great "review"! I took about a quarter cup of water from the tank and had it tested at "Bob's Tropical Fish" store. The attedant said that the water looked perfect! He asked what I was using as a filtration and I bragged on my Explorers Bio-wheel setup...lol...

He said that he really likes that setup. I asked if I could add one more small fish to my 2.5gallon tank and he said that if in two more weeks the water tested that well, then a cory shouldn't be a problem.

I am excited.

I have in my 2.5gal aquarium:

One betta - Bob George
Three small male zebra danios - Hughie, Louie & Dooie
One algae eater - Dax

Every body look happy. Bob George came out of his hidey hole today and ate like a pig!! He's looking great.

BB

congrats on your great water quality :thumbs:
That's a lot of fish for a 2.5 gallon, I have 2 small 2 gallon tanks,each with a betta in them and they act like a ghost shrimp cramps their style :rolleyes: , guess they just like to be alone

For as small a tank as I have it's pretty crowed. The danios are zipping about and the betta flares often has his bubble nest in the corner, so it seems that no one is bothering one another too bad. Especially since the algae eater just sucks to the glass and stays out of the way of eeryone.

I need a bottom freeder to help clean up the mess off what food and all that doesn't get eaten by the otheres.

What I really need is a bigger tank! I am getting a 5 gallon as soon as money can be spared for it. I want an Eclipse with Bio-wheel and a hood lamp. It's a little pricey though.

I think that I will get the cory and then get another when I get my 5 gallon tank.

I'll probably setup the 2 gallon aquarium with 2 female bettas. But that's me dreaming.

BB

BB,

I've got an eclipse 3 on my desk at work. i just got it yesterday and I thought my betta seem happy before :D he swims back and forth all day

Tank, That's awesome! I am really hoping that I can get mine soon. I just figured out how to add a photo of my betta as an avatar. I hung a mirror so that he'd flare. Gave him about a 10 minute exerise and then put the mirror away. LOL Bob George seems much happier in his tank than his yucky old lilly vase! And now that he's got "friends" he seems more active. Now, I am not sure if it's be/c he likes them or be/c they annoy him. Either way he seems rather well adjusted from the trauma of that murky vase water and starvation.

I can't wait to get my new Eclipse! He'll love it!

BB

You could always add a couple of ghost shrimp, or the larger kind...armano (?)< not sure if that's the name,but it's close. I have some of those in all of my tanks and they run out of their hiding spots by the dozens collecting flakes and other food. I saw one yesterday pick up an entire algae tablet and swim off carrying it :lol: , then I saw another one this morning shoving a small sinking pellet in his mouth and carrying one in each hand :rolleyes: , they're greedy but they certainly do their job and aren't much on your "fish load" plus they're cool to watch (just don't get too many because they multiply like rats). My betta who lives in a large community tank really enjoys chasing them about ,he catches one now and then :wub:

cool its not easy getting small tanks to good water quality as they are less forgiving than the larger ones so you must have put allot of time and effort into it.

Jamnog said:
cool its not easy getting small tanks to good water quality as they are less forgiving than the larger ones so you must have put allot of time and effort into it.
I am thrilled to have done it. Thanks. I use "Bowl Buddies" tablets and then two drop of additional declorination. In GA the clorination is very high in tap water.

BB

Wuvmybetta: thanks for the idea on the ghost shrimp. I'll check on that.

yep, ghost shrimp that it!!! I will add some to my work tank after it cycles. will be a while as the tank is only a few days old. :D

Most reactions

Back