Best price on a 55 gallon???

Magnum Man

Supporting Member
Tank of the Month 🏆
Fish of the Month 🌟
Reaction score
Local pet store just cut me a great deal… $107.00 US… I think I paid more than that 26 years ago???

This was a bare Aqueon tank

I've seen 10 gallons for sale for $100 canadian in my area, second hand. Granted, no one wants to buy them.

I paid $150 for one of my 55 gallons plus basic metal stand. Second hand and apparently had a broken centerbrace on the top rim that I had to repair as well.

If I wanna buy new? Here are my only options.
Screenshot_20240831_003116_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20240831_003151_Samsung Internet.jpg

Tank costs vary wildly depending on where you are. Canada has 1/9 the population of the US spread over a vast area, and small markets pay more. Rural areas are more expensive than cities for fish stuff. Here, you can get deals by getting things shipped, but that rarely applies to bulky things like tanks.

10 years ago, we had a store that had found a Chinese manufacturer of really good quality tanks, but that never rebounded after COVID. I'm sure those tanks are out there under various brand names, but the prices were pushed up because, well, because the sellers could get away with it.

What are prices like in the UK, the EU and in Australia?

@gwand … what were the dimensions of a 60??? The 55 was a traditional size, 48 inches long, and I picked it up at the store, so shipping, and sales tax were included in my price… $107.00 total

Last edited:
The cheapest tanks in Aus are locally made, approx prices:
$150 AUD for a 2’x18”x18”
$200 for a 3’x18”x18”
$250 for a 4’x18”x18”

If you want a pine cabinet and a hood to go with it, triple the price. These are prices on the east coast, NSW and Vic. Expect to pay more in Western Aus.

The imported tanks are a lot more expensive.

4x18x18.jpeg

Most reactions

Back