Best Plants

Amber192419

Reaction score
Hiya Everyone.

Just starting up on my new tank and havent got the best of knowledge on plants so I was just hoping for some advice? Id love to have loads of plants in my tank because I think its nice for the fish and it looks great.

I've had plants before in my old tanks but they never seemed to last long so basically I just wanted advice on names of plants I could look out for to put into my new tank?

Thank you, most appreciated! x

hi.

i'm afraid that i can't help you out with names. but if you keep having a problem with the plants dying i would realy advise purchasing some liquid plant fertaliser, it's relatively cheap and works well. I would also encourage live plants, ask at you're local aquarium store abouts some hardy plants that do well as "filler" plants :good:

What kind of tank setup do you have? How big? How many & what kind of fish? How long has it been cycled? What kind of lighting do you have? All these factors weigh in when deciding which plants to have. Let us know and maybe we can give you some suggestions.
lookaround.gif

Hiya.

I haven't set my tank up yet, I,ve just got a new tank I'm deciding on gravel/backgrounds/plants/ fish and everything before I rush in and do it if you know what I mean? Im thinking of fish like guppies, plattys etc.

My tank is 3ft.

I havent even got the water in yet, when i put the water in how long shall i wait till i put fish in?

I'm not sure on the name of my lighting? :/ sorry i havent got the best of knowledge :(

Thank you so much for your help!

Please go to the beginner's section before you do anything. There's a link right below my sig.

[i always find vallis, java moss and java fern do the best in my tank for some reason (low tech), but i know they are generally good in low tech and it oculd be subjective depending on my tap water here

Most amazon swords are easy, fast growing and long lived plants.

I find swords to be hard to keep, the require alot of nutrients. Ive found Cryptocoryne to be my easiest, Crypt. Willisii to be precise, had my two bunches for well over 3 years

Swords are easy providing you don't burn them, they always melt when you add them to your aquarium but soon recover.

Most reactions

Back