Best Oscar Tank Mates?

Can you please post an image of your RD.

Yeah let me post a few pics, dont have a good one of the RD, he moves around too much:) All my fish are pictured here except the CAE and Electric Blue cichlid, sorry if some of the pics are dated but the fish are already enjoying twilight time tonight an I dont want to turn the main lights back on and startle them:)

Here is the RD:
DSC02763.jpg

DSC02525.jpg

The Cobalt Blue
CobaltBlue1-1.jpg

The Green Severum
GreenSeverum3.jpg

The RTBS
RTS2.jpg

RTS3.jpg

The Yellow Lab
DSC02535.jpg

The JD
DSC02556.jpg

The Jewel
DSC02772.jpg

And the black shark, he is already about 2.5 times this size:
DSC02773.jpg

Ive also got some twilight pics I just took if you are interested:)

DSC02885.jpg

DSC02884.jpg

DSC02882.jpg

DSC02883.jpg

Thats a hefty female RTBS. Looks like a breeding tube on the male red devil. You could possibly spawn it with the severum. But you'd be looking at a dead carcas if it didnt go smoothly.
The twilight pics look cool.

Thats a hefty female RTBS. Looks like a breeding tube on the male red devil. You could possibly spawn it with the severum. But you'd be looking at a dead carcas if it didnt go smoothly.
The twilight pics look cool.

Im curious, how can you tell the RTBS is female? Is it the larger chest cavity? Also its pretty amazing, the black shark has already outgrown the RTBS by a signifigant amount in just about 2 months, whatan amazing fish! Also, can you tell if the severum is a male or a female? Oh and thanx for the compliment on the twilight lights:) I love em! Just for the record, the Devil and severum get along spectacularly but I dont think Ive ever seen them exhibit any kind of breeding behavior:( The Devil is only slightly bigger, the severum is probably about 7 or 8 inches long.

My male is identical to this one. You can just see the white tip on the dorsal, theres more, just the angle. Males have white tips of thier dorsal and anal fins. Females have longer dorsals and no white tip. Females tend to be a pinch less colourful and grow a bit larger. She also may have a greyish stomach where as males are solid black.
redtailblackshark2nj2.jpg

If I could breed them I would, but they are slowish growers and max out at 6". Plus you would probably need the hormone extract taken from carp. Whereas Black sharks get to 2 feet so, thats why he's got more growth.

Most reactions

Back