Votes: 0 0.0%
  • other...

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

blaxicanlatino

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
whats the best kind of water conditioner? Amquel, aquasafe, anything? :cool:

I use Dechlor. Removes chlorine and chloramine, and neutralizes ammonia (which is left behind when you remove chloramine). Doesn't have any dead bacteria or chemical additives, and it's also is very cost effective. 1 drop per gallon for chlorine, 2 drops per gallon for chloramine, a $5 bottle can treat almost 2000 gallons of water - that's well over a year worth of water changes for me.

Edit: Weco Dechlor, did a Google search to find the product and found there's several other products with the same name.

I use API water conditioner, but Prime is supposed to be the best :good: IME they all do the same though, never realy needed to nutralise ammonia

i use API stresscoat or aquasafe and they both given me no trouble wotsoever:)

jen

I use Prime because it does what its supposed to do and it is cheaper to use than most of the others. Its only cheaper to use because you use so little. 5ml of it will treat 50 gallons of water.

Prime removes the same as most conditioners, chlorine and chloramine :) thats what matters. It also removes ammonia but that shouldnt be an issue in cycled tanks.

I use prime but ive got no real issues against any others, there all the same liquid in different bottles. Pond dechlor is ment to be the best value for money.

I've used API StressCoat for years and its been just fine, but have recently switched to Seachem Prime after reading several long threads like this one on TFF where lots of experienced members had settled on it giving the most for the money because of its high concentration.

Prime is just fine for fishless cycling too as the term "removes ammonia" on conditioners like Prime just means conversion to ammonium (believe I'm describing this in a technically correct way, but its just from memory..) which will still give the same ammonia reading on our common ammonia tests and will still feed the bacteria just fine. (Its just less harmful to fish gills, which perhaps Wilder or Bignose or somebody could explain.)

~~waterdrop~~

Prime here as well. I find it's very economical and very efficient.

-Brad

I use Kockney Koi Pond Dechlorinator which is available on Ebay. It was recommended to me on here, can't remember who by.

Now heres the clever bit, its exactly the same stuff as aquarium dechlorinator, just more concentrated because who would want to buy 40 bottles of Stress Coat to dechlorinate their pond? Nobody!

I use 1ml of dechlorinator for every 75 litres of water, and off the top of my head, i think you would need 20ml of Nutrafin dechlor for the same amount of water.

Anyway, i got a 500ml bottle from Ebay, i have a 260 litre tank which i do 75 litre water changes on every week, so the 500ml bottle will last 9.5 years, and it cost £8. Beat that for value!

It removes chlorine, chloramine, heavy metals etc as most dechlors do, its just that pond dechlor is cheaper because nobody would pay £150 to dechlorinate their pond. :good:

sooo all in favor for aquasafe?a and all in favor of Prime?

how many drops per gallon is need for Prime?

Most reactions

Back