Best Internal Filter

dobo68

Reaction score
hi
newbie to this site i have a jewel 96 tank with a box compartment for the pump ect..I have not had the tank running for the last year due to decorating my pad, its gone all black behind the compartment,can i take the box section out?if so what internal pump would you suggest........i think 96L =equates to 25 gallons??? regards

You can take the black box out. It is held in place by eight blobs of silicone, four on each side in contact with the glass. Use a flexible knife and saw through the silicone blobs, making sure you don't touch the silicone that's holding the glass together. If you start with the top ones you can pull the box away slightly to reach the bottom ones. There will be some black stuff stuck to the glass afterwards, I used a stanley knife blade (carefully) held at an angle to scrape it off.

I replaced the black box in my rio 125 with an eheim biopower 240, probably overkill but I'd rather overfilter than underfilter. They make smaller ones, the next one down from mine (the 200) would be OK for your tank, or even the 160.

Most reactions

Back