Best Community Loach

rusty

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hey guys i want to get some sort of loach for my 35g community which is home too 4 bloodfin tetra 4 albino cory 2 keyhole cichlids 2 platys and 3 mollys any suggestions i was thinking maybe kuhli our zebra what do you guys think

i love kuhlis (bear in mind ive never owned any) but they are very shy and nocturnal so they arent seen much. But you gotta love em

geo me neither but i sposse nows a good a time as any to get some hopefully the experts on here will say kuhlis are ok better to check first tho ah are you thinking of getting any yourself

i have pakistani and polka-dot loaches on my community tank..
might get some zebra soon...

ijay are either of those very active and do they eat snails

I cant answer the activity level question, but all loaches eat snails.

ams sorry i meant do they actively set out to hunt snails like clown loach

Do be aware Pakistani loaches can be quite aggressive mine gave my RTBS a whooping & i've chosen to give them away

ijay are either of those very active and do they eat snails

i only saw them eat snails during the first few hours of introducing them in my tank..
after that, they just scavenge for other source of food...

pakistani (yoyo) loaches are considered 'semi aggressive' we dont have any probs with ours but i have read incidents where they can be very aggressive so bear this in mind when choosing.

yeah came as a surprise to me aswell, had been used to RTBS chasing my cories about so moved it to my other tank with in half an hour it was getting whooped so had to rescue it, it had minor damage to his mouth & barbels

Consider sidthimunkis.

I have kept sids, clowns and yoyos- they all eat snails. bear in ming big loaches can only eat big snails and small loaches like sids can only eat tiny snails.

i've kept clowns, pakistan and orange finned and as said all loaches eat snails it just depends on the size of the loach and the size of the snail but some snails like malaysian trumpet/livebearing snails aren't eaten by all loaches as they have really strong shells.

what about black line loaches?

:good:

Most reactions

Back