Best canister filter foa 70 litre tank

Country joe

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
I know it's a question where everyone has their favourites, I've been liking the Oase filto smart 100 for aquariums up to 100 litres, and the Fluval 107 external filter for aquariums 40 to 130 litres.
Any other type you would you go for, feel free to recommend.
I've just noticed the Oase one I mentioned clips on the back of the aquarium, would not want this.

Last edited:
I haven't had any complaints using my fluval 407, but I haven't used an Oase filter so cannot judge between the two. Also a good large filter does not necessarily mean the smaller filter is good too. I find the 407 to be easy to maintain.

I have to say I have been watching videos on the oase biomaster external and I am impressed.

I have several Fluvals, 407, 305, 206. I like Fluvals since replacement parts are readily available on Amazon, and I like the sturdy construction of them as well. I been a Fluval user for over 30 years. When I think about trying out a different brand, I check them out, but I always end up buying another Fluval .

I've been looking at videos on the oase, you make your mind up what filter your going for, then you look at the comments you read couple of bad ones and you wonder should I go for one, have to stop reading them.

I've been looking at videos on the oase, you make your mind up what filter your going for, then you look at the comments you read couple of bad ones and you wonder should I go for one, have to stop reading them.
Read user reviews on Amazon. Also, go to a store that sells them and look at the construction to see if they are flimsy or cheaply made. Oase sounds like a good brand. What Oase model are you looking at buying?

Read user reviews on Amazon. Also, go to a store that sells them and look at the construction to see if they are flimsy or cheaply made. Oase sounds like a good brand. What Oase model are you looking
I thought of having the biomaster, which has the heater in the body, but it seems the smallest they do in the range is a 250, the tank I'm wanting one for is only a 70 litre so I think the 250 could be too big.
They do one called the oase filto smart 100 for aquariums up to 100 litres, but I can't see if the heater goes inside the canister, or if there is also a pre filter with this model, what I would like to know is the Oase filto smart asgood as their biomaster?

Last edited:
I thought of having the biomaster, which has the heater in the body, but it seems the smallest they do in the range is a 250, the tank I'm wanting one for is only a 70 litre so I think the 250 could be too big.
They do one called the oase filto smart 100 for aquariums up to 100 litres, but I can't see if the heater goes inside the canister, or if there is also a pre filter with this model, what I would like to know is the Oase filto smart asgood as their biomaster?
It looks like the filter has to say Thermo in the product name since Oase has two different types for that filter.

Have to have a good think, as what I liked in the biomaster was the pre filter, and the oase filto thermo 100 does not have this function

That was the one, but 200 pounds the fluvals are definitely cheaper, 200 pounds for a 70 litre tank, I don't know.

Fish crazy, thanks for your input, I watched a recent video on the 0ase filter smart 100, and I was not impressed, so I've decided when I decide to purchase I will go for the Fluval 107 filter.

Most reactions

Back