Best Camera?

another keen area is if you are using a tripod setup to sit and watch a particular spot and snap that fish as it passes, a camera with cable release is a fantastic feature. I think the Fujifilm finepix s1500 has this feature, and at arund £129 its another great beginners camera.
what do you(and others) think of the finepix s1500?, i was looking to buy it, no way can i afford a DSLR but a bridge i think, on the right settings and if i learn to use it properly will be good for me.

Or is there any other bridges anyone would recommend for <£150?
thanks

forgot to say: What put me off slightly is the batteries, i prefer a rechargable in camera battery...

I bought my granddaughter a simple Nikon last Xmas. It has a full range of adjustments but is not in any way an SLR. It does take pictures of almost anything because it has manual controls on many of its settings.

what do you(and others) think of the finepix s1500?, i was looking to buy it, no way can i afford a DSLR but a bridge i think, on the right settings and if i learn to use it properly will be good for me.

thanks

forgot to say: What put me off slightly is the batteries, i prefer a rechargable in camera battery...

This camera can be a little slow to first photo but otherwise a good buy. Another bonus to AA is that you can get rechargables and have spares in our bag and if really really stuck, some duracell are only a nearest shop away. The Canon SX120 is another good contender.

thanks

This camera can be a little slow to first photo but otherwise a good buy. Another bonus to AA is that you can get rechargables and have spares in our bag and if really really stuck, some duracell are only a nearest shop away. The Canon SX120 is another good contender.

cheers. You mean by little slow to first photo that its like a big wait after you press the button?

also, if you have it, would you mind posting a couple images that you have taken on any settings, or pm me, whatever.

Adam

EDIT: just noticed that you posted a couple images earlier in the thread.. are these from the same camera.

the earlier pictures were with a Samsung S40 believe it or not! was rather impressed by them. Its a neighbour of mines that has the S1500, was playing around with it yesterday. From on to click its a couple of seconds and if left idol for a while it has noticable delay on clicking - enough to miss a fish. With manual settings on a tripod though and using continuous shoot mode, you can trigger just before a photo op happens and capture a good image easily :)

well after reading this i'm still confused to what setting is best for fish pics :rolleyes: ,

I got a vivitar F328 14mp digi camera for xmas,but it has so many settings for white balance,iso etc,i'm completely lost to whats the best setting! :S

Is it best to use macro for a close up or use a distance shot then crop using the highest pixel setting?

Most reactions

Back