Best betta tankmates that can move into a community tank?

Willbacon23

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Hey guys, I am planning this week on moving a crowntail betta into my planted 25G L until around November. In November it will move into its own 15G and any hypothetical tankmates will be joined by the fish in my other community tank. I am wondering if it’s beneficial to add tankmates to a betta tank. I was watching you tubers such as KGtropics and Aquarium Co-Op who say they always like to keep bettas with some other fish to ensure they don’t get bored. For tankmates I have fairly hard water, and a neutral PH. Any tankmates in November will be joined by 8 corys and 6 glowlight danio which inhabit my 20G at the minute

Please dont add betta to community tank, betta do best alone; they are aggressive.
last time I done this, half of my guppies are gone and betta were injured.

Unlike Other Community Fish, Betta like to be alone, thats how they live in the natural habitats,
In the river, which is their natural habitat.
Male will stay in 1 place, defending their own Territorial and create a nest. While the female will swim around and breed, after breeding swimming around again, thats explain why male betta is the one who takes care of his eggs, not the female :)

Please dont add betta to community tank, betta do best alone; they are aggressive.
last time I done this, half of my guppies are gone and betta were injured.
I would never add them to the community tank! But no I was simply asking I won’t do it!

Unlike Other Community Fish, Betta like to be alone, thats how they live in the natural habitats,
In the river, which is their natural habitat.
Male will stay in 1 place, defending their own Territorial and create a nest. While the female will swim around and breed, after breeding swimming around again, thats explain why male betta is the one who takes care of his eggs, not the female :)

Perfect! I will keep it by itself, any recommendation on best betta to keep? My tank is fully cycled and I think it ll rly like it perfect temp etc etc, willing to spend whatever formperfect betta if you have a good one in mind

Perfect! I will keep it by itself, any recommendation on best betta to keep? My tank is fully cycled and I think it ll rly like it perfect temp etc etc, willing to spend whatever formperfect betta if you have a good one in mind
Betta has a lot of personalities, some people really like the common one. Which is Koi Betta / Plakat, unlike me. I always like any fish with a Flawless Long Fin, so its a really perspective side, betta fish are really hardy, trust me @Indonesia people really like's to keep them in A really small cube. No filter, no live plant & no substrate at all. I really hate people keep betta like that. I know betta can live up to 1 years or more like that but you never know if your fish are happy / Suffering the entire live.
Me personally really like Blue Halfmoon Samurai Betta & Black Orchid Crown tail Betta :wub:

Betta has a lot of personalities, some people really like the common one. Which is Koi Betta / Plakat, unlike me. I always like any fish with a Flawless Long Fin, so its a really perspective side, betta fish are really hardy, trust me @Indonesia people really like's to keep them in A really small cube. No filter, no live plant & no substrate at all. I really hate people keep betta like that. I know betta can live up to 1 years or more like that but you never know if your fish are happy / Suffering the entire live.
Me personally really like Blue Halfmoon Samurai Betta & Black Orchid Crown tail Betta :wub:
I feel like a 25G by itself should hopefully be a better life than a small cube. I’m considering an all red half moon or a crowntail

I feel like a 25G by itself should hopefully be a better life than a small cube. I’m considering an all red half moon or a crowntail
That's Amazing Idea!
I always wanted to keep Betta again. But i am still maintaining 2 Big Aquarium and still got some problem with it. Probably in the future, hopefully will house some betta again :angel::fish:

Most reactions

Back